The purpose of JustBeGreen Academy is to improve the human condition by providing high quality educational and outreach opportunities to the global community which enhances a sustainable environment and develops leaders capable of inspiring others to reach their highest potential with understanding and respect for the diversity of their fellow man and the world around them.
Welcome to JustBeGreen Academy
Proposed Site Location
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
The vision of JustBeGreen Academy is a world without ignorance, where individuals have access to educational and employment opportunities that will enrich their lives and provide environmentally sound and sustainable growth for their society.
- To assist local USA and emerging economies with future economic growth through the development of human capital.
- To improve US Veterans personal and economic potential through the development of their human capital through post-secondary educational and professional and continuing educational opportunities.
- To work with national and local departments of agriculture to recruit, educate, assist in employment placement within JBG sponsored agricultural operations, and provide continuing professional development for agricultural professionals in the US and international economies.
- To work with national and local departments of health to recruit, educate, assist in employment placement within JBG sponsored health care facilities, and provide continuing professional development for health care, nutrition, food science, and allied health care professionals in the US and international economies.
- To work with national and local renewable energy interest to recruit, educate, assist in employment placement within JBG sponsored entities, and provide continuing professional development for solar, wind, small scale hydro-electric, and other renewable energy professionals in the US and international economies.
- To work with national and local departments of education to recruit, educate, assist in employment placement within JBGA sponsored K-12 schools, and provide continuing professional development for K-12 teachers, administrators, and staff in the US and international economies.
- To work with the national, state, and local departments of education to recruit, educate, assist in employment placement within JBG sponsored post-secondary institutions, and provide continuing professional development for post-secondary faculty, administrators, and staff in the US and international economies.
- To develop and disseminate emerging nutritional, health, educational, and sustainable agricultural and environmental materials to the global community.
- To support the educational and outreach activities of the Just Be Green organizations through professional and continuing studies opportunities.
- To recruit, train, and supervise field agents for JBG that provide outreach activities to local citizens, entrepreneurs, and businesses.
JBG Virtual Academy: The Nation's Largest Technical School Driving Economic Growth in Tennessee
- Providing kinesthetic (hands – on application) learning opportunities via high quality and quantity of Career and Technical (CTE) instructional methods and via virtual learning opportunities which promote job skill sets for employment and career advancement;
- Subscribe to the economic and community growth of the counties (Morgan, Scott and Fentress) that are served by the continuous training and education of the workforce base.
- Provide programs and services that are accessible and meet economical demands ever-present in the above-mentioned counties; and are made available to all community members equally and equitably across the state of Tennessee.
- Establish relationships and communities of trust within each local entity, business and economic leaders to continually provide job skill demands for areas of need.
Vision of The JustBeGreen Virtual Academy
The JBG Virtual Academy – Sunbright, Tennessee will be a technical school which will blend the needs of the students and community members to meet the needs of both present and future employers in multiple personnel markets. The JBG Virtual Academy will be a technical school of choice for students and employers. The hands – on and virtual job training will be focused on learning and training opportunities that permit individual and teamwork achievement. Student training will focus on individuals in the Morgan County Public School System to educate and prepare individuals for their transition from school to work and / or from school to post-secondary institutions.
Student enrollment in all Programs of Study (POS) will improve their educational opportunities via modified training and tasks that promote positive transfer of learning processes. The training will stay free of costs for students and community members that want to participate and engage in the POS, regardless of whether or not students are using their acquired job skill sets for entering into workforce opportunities or continuing their desired educational opportunities through higher education. POS will be aligned with opportunities for students to acquire industry certifications by way of customize learning. Professional development of faculty and staff will permit exemplary instruction and administrative oversight of the technical school.
FROM THE DIRECTOR: Dr. Joe Miller
It is indeed a pleasure to be serving as the Director of JustBeGreen Academy. This inaugural opportunity is something more than just special, it is the start of something great. Why, you might ask? The JBG Virtual Learning Academy is a learning experience that bridges both agriculture and technology right here in Sunbright and Morgan County, Tennessee. This academy has the potential to be the largest technical school in the state of Tennessee and possibly the United States and yes, even the world. This program has many special components with it. Some of those components include: education, training, employee skill sets needed for today’s workforce, among others. Students will learn in a variety of ways, which are supported through research: visual, auditory, and kinesthetic (researcher and year). JBG Academy is the first of its kind as a Technical School for aquaponics through the Virtual Learning process. Previously here in Morgan County, aquaponics has been utilized at the Morgan County Career and Technical Center (MCCTC). The process has had some utilization through growing of some vegetables such as tomatoes and cucumbers.
Inspiring Sustainable Solutions: News and Updates
Explore the latest news and updates on our website, where we strive to develop and implement logical and rational environmental initiatives. Stay informed about innovative solutions, inspiring stories, and actionable steps towards a greener future.